Best Treks in Bhutan – Dagala A Thousand Lake Trek is six days trekking in western Bhutan, the most beautiful and amazing summer trekking. We get to enjoy the best views of great mountain peaks, beautiful landscape and enjoy seeing yaks in the high meadow of Dagala range. This is the only trek in Bhutan which gives best views of Mt. Kanchenjunga, beautiful clean lakes with golden trout and we can find as many as one thousand lakes on single trek. You should not miss to do this trekking in life time. We welcome one and all to enjoy this beautiful trek with Heavenly Bhutan.
Flight to Paro offers spectacular views of the Himalayas before it lands in the tiny kingdom. on arrival in Paro international airport, our representative will receive you and transfer to your hotel. In the afternoon, we will proceed to visit national museum of Paro and then to Paro Rimpong Dzong. The day ends with gentle walk down to the parking areas crossing wonderful cantilever bridge built over Paro Chhu. Evening, we will relax in the hotel or scroll around tiny Paro town peeping through local handicrafts. Overnight in Paro, altitude 2200m.
After our delicious breakfast, we will drive to north end of Paro valley and hike to Tiger Nest Temple. Tiger nest is renowned temple in the Buddhist world which ceilings on the vertical cliff 900m above the valley floor. The hike will take about two hours to reach to the top and will warm us for the trekking next day. En-route drive to visit historical drukgyel ruin Dzong and kichu temple praying to bless us for the rest of the journey. Overnight in Paro.
The trek begins with the little village of Genekha. Today you will see many varieties of alpine flora and also some animals and many birds. After two hours of walking gradually uphill, rest at huge rock platform, from which there is a picturesque view of the valley below. After another two hours the trek ends for the day. Camp at Gur, where flowers are abundant in spring.
Today’s trek takes us across meadows where wild asparagus and other small plants grow, and if taking this trek in the spring, you will feel you are walking over carpets of flowers. The first pass, marked by a large cairn gives a spectacular view of the whole Dagala range, alpine meadows and yak herders’ camps. We will lunch at a nearby yak herder’s camp. After lunch we will walk across hills and over meadows, ending the day at Yutsho Lake.
A day halt in Labathama is worth visiting the lakes and hiking up to the top of the pass for the breath taking view. One a clear day, one can see the world’s third highest mountain, Mt. Kanchenjunga and Mt. Jumolhari, the highest mountain of Bhutan.
Walk for 20 minutes upwards before beginning the descent at around 4,460m. There will be splendid views of the Himalayas on the descent. Your guide will help you in identifying individual peaks such as Everest, Kanchenjunga, Chomolhari, Jichu Drake, Tserimgang, Khangbum, Masagang, Tsendegang and Gangchenta. Himalayan monal pheasants are a common sight. Overnight camp on a grassy meadow at Pangkha.
This day involves the crossing of several increasingly impressive passes. You will see several varieties of the blue poppy (if trekking June-July) and also many mountain birds along the way. After lunch, an hour’s gradual climb brings us to the top of the last ridge on the Dagala range from where there is a spectacular view of Thimphu valley below. Camp, at Cherigang.
We walk through mixed vegetation and apple orchards, finally reaching the main motorable road to Thimphu where our transport will be waiting for us. Drive to Thimphu in time for lunch. In the afternoon, we will proceed for the city sightseeing and visit like Memorial Chorten, Buddha statue & Changangkha lhakhang. Overnight at Thimphu, altitude 2400m.
Morning visit the weekend market (Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday), Handmade paper Mill, School of Arts and crafts where students learn 13 different arts used predominantly in Bhutan, nearby folk heritage museum and national library before proceeding to Paro. Overnight at Paro, altitude 2200m.
The tour will end today morning after boarding your flight to back home, you will carry smile on your face, eyes full of tears and memories unlimited. Say goodbye to our staffs at the airport with the prayers of save journey and to see you again in future.
Trip Cost Inclusions
- US$ 40 per person visa fees
- Visa arrangement for your stay in Bhutan
- Government royalty and all the taxes
- Accommodations in best 3 star hotels on twin sharing basis, options available for cultural tour
- Trekking Gears provided (Sleeping tent, dinning tent, kitchen tent, table, chair, toilet tent, sleeping mattress-thin water proof, duffel bags)
- Trekking facilities provided (Trekking chef, helper, trek guide, horses for luggage, horsemen)
- All meals (break, lunch & dinner), options available
- Full time English speaking Heavenly Bhutan guide Trekking cum Cultural
- Private transportation and sightseeing as per the itinerary, we are flexible
- Museums and parks fees indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled drinking water throughout the journey
Trip Cost Exclusions
- Flight fares – available from Singapore, Bangkok, Delhi, Kathmandu, Kolkata and Dhaka
- Personal expenses, phone calls, laundry, shopping, etc
- Sleeping bags (-30 degree needed for comfortable sleep evening during summer as you will be sleeping in very high elevation)
- Single room supplement
- Luxury hotels/resorts available on supplement cost
- Specialized guides available on supplement cost (Language, Photography etc)
- Travel Insurance must for any trekking groups and must provide the details to our offer before the trek
- Outdoor Activities (Mountain Biking, White river rafting, Tiger Nest Horse Ride etc)